New member - CUTTING family - Messhayes

Post in this forum if you are looking for (or can help with) information on surnames related to Luppitt people. Please put the relevant surname(s) in the subject line in CAPITAL letters.

BECAUSE SOME POSTS ARE COPIED FROM THE GUESTMAP SERVICE, DO NOT USE THE 'EMAIL' BUTTON WHEN THE POST NAME IS FORUMADMIN, IN THAT CASE USE YOUR OWN EMAIL PROGRAM TO EMAIL THE EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN IN THE POSTING.
penlund

New member - CUTTING family - Messhayes

Post by penlund »

Hello from Australia

I am looking for some "recent" relatives

Mary Harriett CUTTING nee WEATHERLEY died at Messhayes, Luppitt on 26 September 1975, aged 94. She was the widow of Albert Harry CUTTING, a retired hotelier.

The informant of the death was her daughter, Iris Lilian CUTTING of the same adddress.

She had two other known children who were Albert Harry CUTTING, born 1906, who died in Talaton, Devon in 1986 and Ivy Mary CUTTING (married name MILLS), born 1903, who I believe died in Swansea after 1986.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Peter Enlund
From Armidale, NSW, Australia
Colin Evans

Re: New member - CUTTING family - Messhayes

Post by Colin Evans »

Hello, Peter.

I am afraid I know nothing of the Cutting family, but have found the registration details for the birth of a Mary Harriet Weatherley, who could well be the person you seek.

Births Dec 1881

WEATHERLEY Mary Harriet District: St. Olave Vol.1d Page 300

Using the above details, you can order a copy of the Birth Certificate on line from the UK General Records Office.

Sincerely, Colin
Colin Evans

Post by Colin Evans »

Peter,

Mary Weatherley's marriage to Albert Cutting took place in Camberwell in 1902

Their marriage reference is:

Marriages Sep 1902

Cutting Albert Harry District: Camberwell Vol. 1d Page 1658

Weatherley Mary Harriet District: Camberwell Vol. 1d Page 1658

Sincerely, Colin
penlund

Post by penlund »

Dear Colin

Thank you for your reply to my posting and I am sorry about the delay in responding.

I do have the certificates for the birth and marriage and it appears that the CUTTING family moved to Messhayes late in life but the reason for doing so has not yet been found.

Harry Albert CUTTING had been a publican and I thought that he may have had his pub in the vicinity

Sincerely, Peter
Armidale, NSW, Australia
Colin Evans

Post by Colin Evans »

Hello, again, Peter.

I am pleased you have the relevant Certificates. I am afraid I cannot help you any further regarding "modern day" Luppitt, as my records end in the 1840's once the National recording of Births, Marriages and Deaths started. I live in Cardiff and my interest in Luppitt stems from the 1780's, when my great,great,great grandfather, Jacob Warren, lived there. I hope someone else can come up with the information you are seeking.

Best Wishes. Colin
Colin Evans

Post by Colin Evans »

Peter, Have you checked the 1911 census ? If not, follow the link to see all the Albert Cuttings. You can register and buy credits to gain access to the full records.

Colin.

http://www.1911census.co.uk/search/resu ... 2000160019