LOINS/LOYNS

Post in this forum if you are looking for (or can help with) information on surnames related to Luppitt people. Please put the relevant surname(s) in the subject line in CAPITAL letters.

BECAUSE SOME POSTS ARE COPIED FROM THE GUESTMAP SERVICE, DO NOT USE THE 'EMAIL' BUTTON WHEN THE POST NAME IS FORUMADMIN, IN THAT CASE USE YOUR OWN EMAIL PROGRAM TO EMAIL THE EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN IN THE POSTING.
dbalston

LOINS/LOYNS

Post by dbalston »

I have been tracing my Loyns family roots in Somerset and had come to a dead end until I found an index entry in A2A. This told me that Philip and Sarah Loins, and their two children Betty(eight) and Antony(six), were the subject of a Removal Order in 1779. They were moved from St James, Taunton to Luppitt. This suggests that Philip may have come from that parish. and would explain why I haven't been able to find him in any of the parishes around Pitminster (where he and Sarah married in 1770). The only problem is that my ancestor (another Philip who would have been 10) was not included in the order. If anybody has any information about any Loins in Luppitt I would be very grateful to hear about it.
David